Ever need something refreshing and impressive? Well this strawberry icebox cake is just what you need for the occasion!
- 3 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of fruit, peeled and sliced
- 25 to 30 graham crackers
- 2/3 cup of nut or fruit (for garnish)
- Beat the cream using a whisk or mixer until soft and fluffy. Next, put your cream, salt, and some powdered sugar into a bowl with a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. (You can use a large bowl and hand whisk). First beat on a low speed, then a high speed until the cream is blended.
2. Use a spatula to evenly split the cream into four parts
3. Smear a tiny spoonful of cream evenly into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. This will support your first layer of graham crackers in place.
4. Evenly line the graham crackers inside the dish so it is tight. Break the crackers if necessary.
5. Take the first part of the 4 parts of cream and spread it on top of the graham crackers.
6. Place 1 1/3 cups of fruit evenly on top of the cream layer.
7. Now place another layer of graham crackers over the fruit layer.
8. Now place another 1/4 of cream on top of the graham crackers and then on top of the cream layer place 1 1/3 cup of fruit.
9. Cover the fruit layer with a third layer of crackers.
10. Over the third layer of graham crackers place 1/4 cup of cream. Then place the remaining fruit on top of the cream layer. Now you should have three layers of graham crackers, cream, and fruit.
11. Add your fourth layer of graham crackers and the rest of cream over the graham cracker layer. Spread a cool pattern or make a swirl on top with the cream.
12. Garnish the chopped nuts or fruit on top of the cake.
13. Cover the cake loosely with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours overnight.
Enjoy with your family or friends!
There are 200 hundred seeds on an average strawberry!
According to U.S. Department of Agriculture, Americans eat an average of 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries every year!